AIESEC TAIWAN // The Fourth Week




Hello, Hello! 
Week 4 surprisingly went by super quick, a few highlights include: 

                                             

1. Going to Ping Tung and then up a mountain on a rainy day. My initial reaction was why would anyone even want to go up a mountain on a rainy day? After the experience I would say, it may even be better than a sunny day! Because there isn't as many people out there, it's cooler (the temp), and it's a nice view to see (the sky constantly changes from cloudy, to foggy and then it would rain and repeat). + IT LOOKED LIKE I VISITED THE FOG OF LOST SOULS ( if you got that reference, GO YOU :) )



·    2. Visiting Costco LOL. I was surprised to hear that Kaohsiung had one, so I had to visit. It's basically the same as the one at home, many food samples and lots of bulk items. The only thing that was different may be the options offered at the food cafeteria. (They had churros, mushroom soup and mango shaved ice!!!) Don't worry hot dog fans, they still have that combo in Taiwan too! 

3. Visiting Dream Mall. Was it a dream? no not really.. it just made me really miss and appreciate Square One though.

4. Visiting Kaohsiung's new Public Library. That was a DREAM. It had a sterilizing book machine,  AC,  super nice decor and a patio. I could study all day there. 

5. Visiting the doctors was the most memorable part of my week. Simply because I was so shocked to see how much my previous host family cared for me. Honestly, I really didn't think that I had life threatening bites but they sure thought it was. It may have swelled and looked pretty darn gross but maybe I just didn't know better. In the end, after pills and ointment it got better. 

5. Visiting Chi Mei Museum. I learned lots through the english audio tour my host family kindly got me, definitely one of the fanciest museums I have ever visited. 


Wonders of the Week:
*This week my host family solidified the idea that Taiwan builds vertically and not horizontally. Her house was 5 floors! Climbing to my room everyday was a workout ( I never had since summer started LOL). 

*I think I know why Taiwan people have such nice skin now, my hypothesis is because of the fruits. They're so sweet and full of natural sugar! This week I was so well fed with fruits (had it for breakfast and after dinner) that I think my skin got more supple? or maybe fatter LMAO. My host family is amazing, she prepares at least 3 different fruits in the morning (all cut and ready to be eaten). 

If you're still with me on this journey, there's about 16 more days to go and I hope you're enjoying it as much as I am LOL 

Thanks for reading,
Becca 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment