AIESEC TAIWAN // The Last Week




Hello, Hello! 
It's officially been a week since I have been back in Canada and I finally got to buckle down and edit.
Here, I present to you the last vlog of my whole AIESEC experience. 


Highlights of My Last Week:

1. Going to Jiufen
(check out that view!)

                                                        
On my AIESEC exchange bucket list, going to Jiufen was one of the listed items. I really wanted to see "The Real-Life Spirited Away" after reading this article. However, I never really expected to be able to go there since it is sooo far north from where I was located. I was lucky because my last host family actually brought me up there. He bought one High Speed Rail ticket for himself and one for me.  That train is SUPER FASSSST as it took us 1.5hrs to get to Hsinchu. We rode the High Speed Rail to Hsinchu and then his sister and husband drove us pass Taipei and then to Jiufen, which took another 2/3hrs. If one doesn't use the HSR and just drove to Taipei then that would take about 6hrs. 
Now do you see why I feel so lucky that someone was actually willing to take me?
Even though it was a 1 day trip, I thought that it was still worth the whole day. The view was amazing, the food was yummy, and the air OMG (beats the south in a heartbeat). 

2. The Last Week's Host Family
(this is Amy)
 They made my last week's stay so comfortable, so welcoming and so fun that they really made it hard for me to want to leave. It was nice to go through the last week with someone that I can have english conversations with, enjoy some restaurant-quality meals that my host family cooked, and meeting the rest of their family... I got to learn some more about the world through her grandpa (who travels A LOT). 

2.5 Check out this Milk Tea Latte
Amy brought me to a cafe near her home to see that! I honestly haven't seen anything like that before so that was cool. 

3. Eating McDonald's Fried Chicken / Mango Shaved Ice for the LAST TIME

4. Saying Goodbye 
There was an assembly that I got to say my final goodbye  speech and then was showered with lots of love, cards and gifts. I really didn't expect the gifts, nor me crying but I did. &pretty much didn't stop  ever since after that assembly LOL It really is the people that you're going to miss when you have to leave a place. It isn't the food or the scenery because those can always be some-what replicated. The specific people that I met ( from teachers, students, parents, to their relatives and pets) can't be. 

which leads into...

If you are ever considering to go on an AIESEC exchange I would say do it! IF you have the time, the money and up for it, just do it! Or just take that extra courage to say why not? and go for it because you definitely will not regret it! 


Ps. I'm sorry that it took so long for the last vlog, as a bonus HERE is a vlog on my first cottage experience :) 




Thank you for reading,
Becca 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment