AIESEC TAIWAN // The Sixth Week




Hola!


This week really gone by super fast (in an awesome way).
All I remember is that I ate a lot more than usual and bit more than I can chew (literally and figuratively). I really wanted it to be a memorable last week not only for me but also for the students soooo I asked the principal if I can do a little dance with the students. Originally by little dance, I meant doing the harlem shake.. but from his understanding of the word little dance he thought it was more like a choreographed dance routine for the school. 

So for the first time ever, stepping waaayy out of my comfort zone as I tried to CHOREOGRAPH a super mini dance (oh I know I'm no dancer so let me walk you through my logic).

1. Harlem Shake - seems fun, editing would be fun too
2. Make Up Dance - it's a thing in Taiwan (so I must include this - inspired by this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km8sLL1uNFs )
3. Gotta do something with the hands 
4. Gotta do something with the fingers 
5. "We're All in This Together" - HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL MOVE YES 
6. Rush Hour shoulder slides - totes yes why not
7. Dumbledore disappearance clap - to finish it off
however, then the teacher recommended that it should be repeated because it went by too fast so
REPEAT 
BUT now instead of the Dumbledore clap (if you don't get the reference CHECK HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkBIqwyn0VI)

 my inner Red Agent Ice Breaker says why not attempt 
..the Nae Nae??!? (it was a part of a chant that we had)
and so instead of Huah - Huah - HUAAHH.. replace it with Ba- Ba - Ba Gua 
(because that's the name of the school) 

yupp and then thankfully by having a teacher that can actually dance and that is super supportive of my idea, helped me demonstrate it tremendously. In the end, I had a lot of fun (more than expected) and so did the kids; hopefully coming from all the giggling and laughing throughout the whole time. 

(yupp let me teach you how to nae nae)

(the whole school - minus the grade 2s)

(rush hour shoulder slides yes)

Sooo basically Highlights of the Week include:
1. Dancing with the whole school

2. Eating Mango Shaved Ice for the first time and millionth time 

3. 
 Meeting my doppelgänger here in Taiwan. DO you think we look alike? LOL

4. Speaking at the Grade 6 Graduation & then having dinner after

5. Naming 4 people in Taiwan: Peng's Niece + (2) Nephew & Ting Ting 

6. Eating a lot of yummy food

7. Finally trying KFC's chicken (as a fried chicken connoisseur I needed to know)
(interesting fact 1: in Taiwan they have a packet of salt & pepper already together / fact 2: in Taiwan the packet says pepper & salt)  

& now with 3 more days before I leave, I really regret not choosing to stay longer... but I mean all things must end eventually right? Don't worry though, one thing that isn't ending yet is my vlogs ;)  my official last one will be up next week!

Thanks for reading,
until next time,
Becca

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment