AIESEC TAIWAN // The First Week




Hola! :) I know, it technically hasn't been a week since I have arrived.. but since I am going to my next host family tonight it sorta feels like an end of a week. .

Thus, I am excited to share with you what my past week was like: (a few highlights and the vlog)


1. I had to introduce myself to the whole school 
I felt nervous even if they were just children, I think its the fact that there were a lot of them and whatever I was going to say would contribute to their first impression of me. 

2. I went to the library every day during a break period
It's ALWAYS a fun time because they come running to me to just basically chat/ say hello or stare then chat  LOL

3. I taught four Grade 1 classes (which leaves 2 more for tomorrow)
They're all so cute and enthusiastic about learning + so kind as some like to share their snacks with me during break time. THEY'RE WINNING MY HEART SO EASILY. They make me so so excited for my future classes.

(My Very First Class)

4. I Visited Night Markets (a small one and a big one which was the Ruifeng Night Market)
They're so packed and indeed very lively. They kind of remind me of CNE with carnival games, food and random stuff to buy.

5. Going to McDonalds in Taiwan
THE FRIED CHICKEN, we need it in Canada. Possibly that delivery service too.

6. Saw a pretty view at Sizihwan beach

(Honestly so grateful and thankful to have her as my first host family)

7. I went to an AYCE Hot Pot restaurant in Taiwan
I wished we had that restaurant in Canada because I really liked it! They offer a lot of variety for you to cook, a lot of other options as well for dessert, drinks, side dishes . . yeah its just amazing.

The MOST MEMORABLE moment though: almost having to deal with Taiwan police / possibly getting arrested? 
HOW you may ask? I went to exchange USA money to Taiwan currency at the bank...turns out one of the bills was a counterfeit. . and apparently if I had 2 then they would've had to call the police. Merp.

This week I learned that:
1. Taiwan use to have their garbage system like ours, where the garbage is just placed outside on the curb every week. However, they changed it to where a garbage truck would come once a week but also play a tune to notify/remind people that it's near and you would just have to toss it in or the garbage man may take it. They changed it to this system because then no garbage would rot outside and smell (due to the hot weather).

2. Taiwan elementary schools offer lunch for the kids so that they don't have to worry about the safety of the kids if they were to go home for lunch. In addition, most parents are probably working during the day so it's easier to just provide nutritious lunches for them at school.

& that's a wrap 
Thanks for reading;
Until next time,
Becca


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment