MONTHLY FAVOURITES // January 2015





Hello wonderful being of planet earth, I hope you had an amazing month!

Personally,  I feel like January went by very quickly for me as school took off right at the get-go. For some reason the winter semester of the school year always seem to work at a faster pace than fall semesters. Does anyone else agree? Midterm seasons has already begun and soon enough exams would be flooding in. I wish you best of luck for those midterms!! YOU CAN DO IT! (and by do it I mean achieve an A++ mhhm) AND so if you're on a study break right now or not, what were my favourite items for the month you may ask? 

Great question I'd say! THE TOP 5 items that I have been gravitating towards includes the following:



As I mentioned before, I really thought that I had a pretty decent eyebrow routine down... and so I was really hesitant to try other methods (especially pomade). However, it was also the last technique that I haven't experiment with considering I have already tried powder, pencil and gel before. The whole idea of it seemed very unappealing to me for a makeup beginner. It seemed like it required more time than others, as well as more precision than others which means more effort. Nether the less, somehow I ended up buying it because I had a discount coupon and ended up loving it LOL. I have used it for more than a month now, and I even switched it up sometimes between using pomade + pencil, and the original choice of powder + pencil to see if there is a difference. After multiple use of the pomade + pencil it started to get easier and easier to apply + it lasts longer than the original option. Just simply use a light hand and a small angled brush, I didn't buy Anastasia's brush because in case I didn't like using the pomade I didn't want to waste another $23, so I opted in for the ELF one which works just fine. $4 at Target! I like to use the pomade to outline the whole brow, then fill it in with whatever is left on the brush. Using the pencil, I would like to fill in any bald spots and to draw in 'hairlike' lines near the front of the brow. I am really excited to see how this product will holdup in the summer. 

I needed a new moisturizer, instead of going for the typical lotion type, I decided to try out this gel version. I really like this product because it makes my face feel like a baby's bottom every damn morning -no lie! It is lightweight in terms of it doesn't feel like anything is on your face. I have tried another gel moisturizer before and it left a feeling of another layer on my skin which didn't feel nice. The only downside I would say about this product is that it doesn't have any SPF protection, so even though I really want to use it all year round, it is debatable for summer. 

My daily caffeine intake consist of tea in the morning and coffee in the evening.  I found this product on sale at Target earlier this month for $8, and I would like to think that it was the best $8 I have ever spent. I have seen a lot of people with the Contigo West Loop Mug (FOR THE CANADIANS: the best place to get it is at Costco where they offer 2 for the price of $20-25, that way you don't end up just buying 1 for $20-25 at any other store).  If you were looking for a mug, I really recommend this mug because it really keeps your drinks hot /warm for a long period of time! Now, if you are into drinking tea and you already have this mug, this tea infuser would be the cheapest way to have a travel mug and a tea infuser mug. so why waste another $20 or $30 on another one? 

4. Genmaicha "Green Tea with Roasted Brown Rice" 
Now the tea to go with that tea infuser.. earlier this month my roommate gave me a tea bag to try,  ever since then I have been drinking it every morning for January. I found out that this tea is actually also known as "popcorn tea" AND I LOVE POPCORN, I think there may be a tiny correlation? I think so. It has a sweet, toasted rice, nutty flavour that could possibly resemble that popcorn flavour. But, I think it is really called popcorn tea because of the toasted rice that can remind one of kernels. 

5. Rimmel London - Provocalips (Kiss Fetal)
It really is kiss proof, transfer proof, food proof and long wearing! That is all you need to know. If you can get a hold of any of them, go for it! Especially Make Your Move which I think is a great pink-brown mauve colour for anyone.


Thank you for reading yet another post :) 
Until next time, 
Becca

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment