HAUL // Sephora




Recently, I have been really into online shopping. It's a bittersweet addiction; finding the best deal in town on the item you needed/wanted with free shipping is hella sweet, but then having to possibly pay for shipping and the product is the bitter. The bonus aftertaste is not that bad because I get to tell you what I bought, and my thoughts about it :)


So without a further ado, my very first haul/review post is from Sephora. Which was purely motivated by a 100 point perk and a $15 off coupon. I'm a sucker for great deal coupons and "technically" free stuff. Sephora Beauty Insiders would understand that feeling of finally redeeming your points for something you would reeeally like to try/ want. And this girl really wanted to try the benefit watt's up highlighter. Since they didn't offer that reward in-stores, I WAS WEAK and caved in. This was my first time buying Sephora products through their website. I definitely just prefer to buy beauty products in-stores because 1) you get it immediately, 2) you can possibly test it out first and 3) you can return it on the same day after your senses sink in and you realized that it was an impulse buy. BUT this experience was pretty superb that I may actually consider buying online again. It came within a week! Despite the estimate of the date of arrival to be after Christmas. In addition, it came safely without any damaged products.

What WAS inside?

The excitement sinks in to opening a package from myself to myself LOL Testing out the products was done in ooos and aaaahs, hoping that I don't regret buying any of these products. 

SO what do I think about those products? 
1. 
I've heard really good reviews on the Jack Black lip balm, so I really wanted to try it out (especially for this time of the year). I really needed a trustable lip balm, cause a chapped lip ain't cute. EOS just wasn't doing it for me no more. After trying the Jack Black lip balm for the whole day today, my thoughts on it is that IT DOES A LIP BALM ROLE WELL (y) It isn't sticky and the mint gives your lip a nice tingly feeling. My lips felt moisturized and possibly a little plumper after application. However, I did have to reapply it ever so often, so unlike what it can do to some people with its overnight magic abilities I don't think its gonna work on me.  
Recommend though?: YES

2. 
to be determined as I haven't tried it out on my face yet.  

3. 
I am the type of girl that cannot leave the house without her eyebrows done, so despite having a pretty satisfied brow routine down, I am still always on the lookout on how I can do it best. I levitated to the gimme brows as it seems simple to use and potentially a weapon of choice to do my brows even quicker. After using it today, my verdict is that it is a good product, however, for me it doesn't work well on its own. It does give a natural look, but I still think that it would look better as the last touch for my regular routine. 
Recommend: 75% yes

4. 
Now this is just a splurge. or maybe it's my -oh you're an adult now, maybe having a bottle of perfume would make you more of an adult- thinking that triggered the desire for this product. I rarely wear perfume. Scented lotions, yes. However, it seemed like such a great deal that I couldn't give up. I've heard a ton of people love these 2, and so $20 for both of these mini rollerballs, I just couldn't resist.  Plus, I don't think I would ever buy a whole bottle of perfume, as I rarely wear perfume, my favourite in scented things usually change, and have you seen the price for a full bottle of basically scented water? Maybe one day when I make a ton of money and I discover my absolutely favourite FAVOURITE scent and I needed to smell more than skin on the regular then I would buy a bottle. So after all that blabbing, am I a team nirvana black or team nirvana white? undecided,  I really enjoy them both. 
Recommend: yes, for someone that already loves any of those 2 scents because a travel size is just so handy and adorable. 

oooo ahhhhh right?

Did you enjoy my first mini haul/review post? I am still trying to learn and figure out what's the best way to do these sort of posts, so I hope eventually I will please your little haul/productreviewlover heart. Thank you for reading!

Becca
(psstt stay tuned for my next review post on blushes and bronzer) 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment